Back to photo editing!
Stephanie, co-host of the Edit Me Challenge, was married about four years ago on this beach.
Back for a visit, she photographed the beach, which is our edit challenge.
◄ This is my edit.
- A vertical crop, bringing out the human element for a different perspective. Otherwise, I would have left the original photo alone!
- Duplicated layers with blend modes, overlay and multiply, masking where needed.
- Curves adjustment to lighten beach and water detail.
- Dodge, burn, and saturate for sky, water, and silhouette detail.
- Another curves adjustment for sky.
- Lens flare for fun.
- Burnt edges to deepen color on sides and direct eye to sun and people.
- Scruff up edges with brushes.
This is Stephanie's original photo ~
(I know, it's already a great photo!)
Our fast and full summer provided ample opportunity to snap away with my camera.
The camera knowledge went up a notch, and I'm hooked on a new hobby.
Soccer season has begun; what an incredible difference taking photos with the dslr camera!
School is in full swing, and it's time to challenge the CGT skills again.
More editing, and Illustrator here I come.