Look at Jonah... boy, oh boy, he is growing :>)
Stephanie from Behind the Camera and Dreaming is co-host of the Edit Me Challenge, and this is her little guy, Jonah!
It's a fun, splashy, summery photo to edit.
Enjoy the summer... we're officially half way back to Christmas :>)
Loving all the sparkling water droplets, especially on Jonah's cute face!
For the edit, I wanted to bring out the sparkles and to be sure that his eyes were the focal point.
Here it is:
What is in the edit (using Photoshop CS4):
- Cloned out areas next to arm, neck, and above head. Used patch tool to soften transitions.
- Cloned more sparkling water droplets over left side of photo, using patch tool to blend.
- Curves adjustment, to lighten and brighten.
- Second curves adjustment, inverted, and brushed on face - to lighten shadows
- Levels adjustment, to increase the darks which popped the color
- Increased contrast, slightly lowered vibrance, increased saturation
- Used color balance to mask out skin redness
- To bring out eyes, used dodge tool, saturation tool, selective sharpening, and hue /brightness adjustment.
- To highlight droplets, used the dodge tool. Also used burn tool to the left of Jonah to bring out shadows
- Another curves adjustment
- Sized and sharpened for web