ABOUTCLICKS

January 14, 2012

KEYS Debut

       The  KEYS side of my blog is daunting, for several reasons.

  • First, posting personal composition arrangements is risky behavior for a shrinking violet.  
  • Second, just getting any type of recording done is a logistical and tactical improbability. 
  • And lastly, my computer technical know-how is rated a D+ at best.


How to overcome these obstacles?

Attacking problem Number 1:  
Lighten up, jump on in, and have some fun!  (...alternative interpretation: "Lose the pride thing, lady!")
And learn a lot along the way, including getting helpful feedback (which would involve your participation :>).

Hurdle Number 2:  
A young friend used my piano to record her college-entry scholarship audition... and when she was finished, she let me play with the recording machinery for the day!  Best news:  Megan got the scholarship!
Follow up news: I made a very raw first attempt at recording my music.

Impossibility Number 3: 
Start googling! (Love that new verb.) Then coerce my computer techie son to figure out the rest.  There was something about uploading the CD to the hard drive, converting it to mp3 format, getting an online host (Box), and something-something.... and now my blog has a link for clicking on the title to hear the song, though you navigate to Box's host page to hear it. This wasn't exactly the final format we were hoping for, but it's close enough to get me started!

Grab your tea cup and a bite of chocolate, and give the KEYS Debut your first listen!

                                                 You Are My King

By Billy James Foote, arrangement by k*handtke

I'm forgiven because You were forsaken.

I'm accepted; You were condemned.

I'm alive and well,  Your Spirit is within me 
because You died and rose again.
Amazing love, how can it be that You, my King, would die for me?
Amazing love, I know it's true; it's my joy to honor You.
In all I do, I honor You.

  It's my joy to honor You, Lord! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note here in my "Guest Book" ~